Silje Linge Haaland (b. 1984, Norway) works with text, movement and rituals, often in the forms of video, sculpture and live choreography. Her methods are based on a desperation-animation-technique, which refers to something urgent, an observation of the growing states of desperation in our present time. Her work is characterised by a grip on the poetic leftovers generated in the isolation of movement and rhythm. Linge Haaland holds a MFA (2011) from the Oslo Academy of fine arts, HfBK Staedelschule, Frankfurt and Gerrit Rietveld Academy, Amsterdam.
Selected exhibitions and screenings
- Kunstnerforbundet (2017)
- Kristiansand Kunsthall (2017)
- SonADA – Scotland (2015)
- Vestlandsutstillingen (2015)
- Gl-strand - København (2014)
- Henie Onstad Art Centre – Høvikodden (2014)
- Papay Gyro Nights 4th International Art Festival – Hong Kong (2014)
- Black Box scene – Oslo (2013)
- RAKE showroom – Trondheim (2013)
- She was the founder of the extensive island art festival Five Thousand Generations of Birds (2012) with artist Andrea Bakketun.